Tuesday, July 24, 2012

You know, July 24th....

It’s days like today that I feel humbled and I feel like my life is put a bit more into perspective. I got to hear a lot of pioneer stories today, some I had never heard. I had amazing ancestors who gave so much for me to be where I am today.

Sometimes I feel like my trials are the hardest thing in the world. I feel discouraged and upset because they aren’t “fair”.

 What a juvenile thing to be thinking. I could have never been a pioneer. I would like to think that I would have the faith to do it. But man, I really am not sure on that one. They went through SO much. Things I couldn’t even start to wrap my head around. My trials seem so meaningless compared to the things they suffered. I guess we just live in a different time and temptations and trials are so different.

It’s crazy how much the early members of the church gave for us, their posterity. What a great example they are. I am thankful we have a day to remember them and to relive their memory and the great things they did for us.

I don’t want this post to sound like a testimony. Ha, if it does I am sorry. I am just thankful for my ancestors and all of the people who gave so much for me to have the knowledge and freedom I have today. It’s such a cool thing to think about. I hope I can make them proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment