Monday, April 16, 2012

On the seventh day... a little council flashback.


Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has had the biggest impact on you.

Okay, I’m still a freshmen in college (only two weeks left!!) so I think I’m still allowed to look back to high school. And if I had to pick something that has left the biggest impact on It would have been my decision to run for student council. I know it’s nerdy and a lot of people don’t understand it. Honestly though, because I was able to serve for those two years as a class officer I gained some friends and had experiences  that have changed the course of my life.

I couldn’t write all of the stories down or name all of the people and explain why they were so powerful in changing my life because it would take days. But, I can tell you that I learned what true friendship is from those people and I learned the power of service and the impact it makes on the live of the person giving it. 

To this day most of the people I served with on council are the true friends I go to when things get hard. It’s been fun to watch each other grow up and see where people are now. Most of the boys are on missions, a few of the girls have found themselves husbands, but most of us are fighting though college and just figuring out life.

Here are a few of the highlights:

spirit bowl sophomore year
 Everyone my sophomore year


Freedom week sophomore year (we were so proud of the stupid ugly hall)



Barth's Poster.


My Junior Class Girls


(Yes, I know I look stupid in this picture.) Freedom week Junior Year


 This was when I ran for VP, I didn't make it but my elections team was worth it. Best week of my high school career for sure.


Senior freedom week with my sophomore council boys.


All of us grown up sophomore class officers. These guys were the best people I could have asked for as a support system. We have stayed friends long after our year of eating each others faces off. I'm not sure there will ever be a better group of sophomore class officers at Timpanogos.


Because of my years in student council and the people I have met I have been inspired to be a better person. Thank you to all of you who were a part of that.

1 comment:

  1. Awww man, you're the best. I'm glad you ran too Bre. Love you always!

    ReplyDelete