Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chips, Salsa, and Turkeys.

Wow today was long.... I think it was the whole daylight savings thing!

It was such a great day though! I know I said this in my last post.... so deal with it. Fast Sunday is the best day of the month! I am really starting to become a huge fan of my singles ward! All of my lessons had something in them that I needed to hear and testimony meeting was beyond words! The people who got up today brought the spirit so strong! I honestly didn't want to leave when the meeting was over! To top it all off, after testimony meeting they fed us chips and homemade salsa. Life doesn't get any better then that!

I feel like so often I forget about how a simple act of showing up to church can feed me so much spiritually. When I have those off weeks where I'm not as close to the spirit as I should be I find myself not wanting to get up and go to church. But every single time that I do, I always hear whatever it is that I need to hear to get my life back in order. Maybe order isn't the right word.... I still don't know the answers to almost everything in my life. But, I am strengthened and able to face the next week! That is what counts, right?

Today in testimony meeting a kid was talking about how he was thankful that he was raised in the church and what a blessing that has been to him in his life. I am been thinking about that a lot lot lot today. I could not imagine for even a second living in this messed up world without knowing what I know about the church and our loving Father In Heaven. In a CES fireside I went to tonight, President Packer talked about the atonement and what a great gift that is. I honestly am so thankful that I have grown up learning about the gift of the atonement and that I have that available to me when I find myself struggling.

What a blessing the Gospel is in my life! I wish I could just share it with the whole world and somehow help them to see the truth. The world would be such a better place!

Alright, enough with my missionary talk! I did do something really fun today after ward prayer.... We made turkey hand prints! Yay!
                                                               This is my Turkey!
This is Cole's turkey. He is grateful for the girls in 202 but for the most part just me. oh, and his hair gel. I guess those are all great things to be grateful for!

Here is the whole thing. Sorry these pictures struggle. I was just trying not to step in the paint on the floor and on top of that they were taken on my phone..... so that should explain it!

I love how I feel like I have lost ten years of maturity since coming to college. I guess this proves that it is a true fact.

Today I am thankful for the fact that I have been blessed with the knowledge of the truth and that I get to share that with those around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment