Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Proud to be a Freshman

An attitude of gratitude, that is my goal for the next month....

 I feel like since I have shipped myself off to college a lot has changed about me. Not only have I changed my address, friends, school loyalty, and daily habits. I have also changed my goals, self expectations, self focus, and the way that I face new problems. Everything I was told growing up about college seems to be true. It's a time where us poor freshman are in a strange place in life. We aren't kids anymore and we aren't big adults yet. We are eating mac and cheese for almost every meal and living in dump apartments that no one in their right mind would pay to live in.  For some strange reason though, I am loving it! It's turning out to be a really good time for me to figure out who I am, what I'm doing in this life, the things I need to change about myself, and how I'm going to become who I am supposed to be.

The one thing I do find myself lacking at times is an attitude of gratitude. For me, it's easy to go through out my day and only think of myself. I am not in charge of anyone else up here and my days are all pretty much the same thing. It's easy to be blinded by the mile high pile of homework or the lack of money in my poor college student bank account. But, it's important to me to remember what my Father in Heaven has given to me. I am so lucky to be where I am in life. There are so many people who have never and will never be given the chance I have right now to gain an education.

So today I am thankful for the chance I have to be in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment