Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My best buddy!

I love when days are as great as today was!

Class went by fast, I got to babysit the sweetest baby, I finished up projects I have wanted to get done for a long time, I got homework done, and I met my best buddy!

Best buddies is a program where a special needs individual is buddied up with a college student! Because of lack of buddies, I share a buddy with another college student. But, both my buddy and the other college student are amazing. It amazes me how Christ- like these people are. I spent 3 hours with her and I already feel like I know her better then some of the people I have seen daily while being up here. She didn't hold anything back while telling me her life story, her struggles, and the things she values in life. I know that I am going to learn a lot from her this year. I  am so excited to spend more time with her!

So my RA is encouraging me to look into becoming an RA up here next year..... We will see where that goes. I would love it. The job requires a lot of what I already love to do. I'm not positive it's for me though.... We will see I suppose! (sorry about that random comment, It's just really on my mind right now!)

Today I am thankful for the sweet angels I have had as friends in my life, those people with special needs that have blessed my life beyond words. I hope one day to be a close to Christ as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment