Tuesday, November 8, 2011

daddy's [big] little girl

I have been really homesick the past few weeks....

It's been a lot better the past week. However, I still have those days where I just want to get in my car and drive home for a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it in Logan. It's just not home.

Today I was riding the bus to campus, tired and a little stressed out. All of a sudden I noticed the song My Wish by Rascal Flatts had came on the radio in the bus. Somehow that made the day a thousand times better.

 That song is the song my dad calls ours (cheesy I know). But every single time I hear it I feel like it's reminding me of all the things my daddy had tried to teach me.

Here are the lyrics:


I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.

But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

This is my wish
I hope you know somebody loves you
May all your dreams stay big

I know I'm supposed to be a big girl in college now. But there are times where I have never felt more like a child. All I want to do is cuddle with my daddy and fall asleep with him right next to me like I'm five years old.

I have been lucky to have my dad in my life. I know a lot of kids who have gone through some of the same things I have don't have a chance to have a relationship with their dad like I am blessed to have. Heck, even kids who aren't in a place like I am don't have a relationship with their dad like I am blessed to have! Looking back, my dad was at every single event in my life. Big or small, he made sure he was there. Even if it was hard for him to be there, he did it for me.All my friends thought he was the coolest dad alive. I even had a couple friends in high school who wanted to hang out at my house just to hang out with my dad.... I'm not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. My dad is the one I go to when I feel like my life is falling apart and he is the first one I call when something exciting happens to me.

I am honestly not sure why I was so blessed to have a father like him. I don't deserve his love and kindness. I know he isn't perfect. He is perfect to me though. Growing up I have seen my dad help everyone around him and give so much of himself to serve others. I am trying hard to build that quality in myself. He also is always striving to do what is right and make good choices in his life, even if they are hard and scary choices. I look up to his example and hope one day to measure up to him.

If you can't tell, I love my daddy and miss him every single day. I wish I was closer to him..... but I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be and that he is always just a phone call away!

Today I am thankful for my dad and all he has done and still does for me!


My dad and I after I graduated!

No comments:

Post a Comment